Monday 8 April 2013

Fabric Love

Today I thought I would pop in and share some recently acquired stash!  While on my rail trip last week I took the opportunity to visit Brighton Sewing Centre on a fabric sourcing mission.  I had visited their website previously so I knew of their existence.  As chance would have it I stumbled across it on a post-lunch stroll - how opportunistic!  Given this stroke of luck I just had to pop in and 'browse'.  Browsing yielded some lovely fat quarters:


I thought they were evocative of spring with the little chickens, flowers and fresh colours.  The top fabric is from the 'Posy' range by Aneela Hoey for Moda.  The blue floral and bunting prints are by Tasha Horsley for Riley Blake.  I recognise the green and blue fabric but the designer is eluding me at present!

And speaking of the 'Posy' range, a couple of days after returning from Hove, this arrived in the post:


Well, I saw 'this' but in fact there were two charm packs :-)  and a surprise in the parcel.  I had pre-ordered the 'Posy' charm packs from Honeybee Cloths but their stock was delayed via the Moda UK distributor.  As a thank you for my patience they sent me a mini 'Posy' charm pack - adorable 2.5" squares!!  I must recommend them as a company as, surprise free gift aside, their service and communication was excellent.

So, with lovely fabric sitting on my sewing table it's time to make use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment