Wednesday 17 April 2013

On a roll

I am on a roll this week with my FWQ!  I have made this week's two blocks and it is only Wednesday.  Time will tell if I am as organised and productive next time!  This week I've departed from using the template method for making my blocks.  I am completely convinced that every time I use those templates I shave off a little with each cut thus making them less and less accurate.  The two blocks I've made this time has involved some basic maths, a bit of drafting (I so love graph paper), a ruler and a rotary cutter - it has been a bit like coming home for me as I soooo prefer this method :-).

So without further ado I present my blocks!

Chequerboard



Hovering Hawks

I love arranging the blocks on point (which is how they should be in the finished product) as they look so different!  Also I love this aqua Bambi print that has made it into the last few blocks I've made.  It has always been part of the bundle I am using for the FWQ but it had been forgotten at the bottom of the box - what a travesty.  I will be making up for it from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment