Thursday 11 April 2013

Falling out

I have fallen out with the Farmer's Wife Quilt this week.  She has been most demanding and I have been quite down in the mouth about it.  A few things have contributed to this, the first being lack of sewing time.  Second is the development of a 'reject pile' when I discovered two of my blocks are half an inch too small and third is the fact that there are a lot of very proficient quilters out in the blogosphere who have beautiful, accurate blocks!  I have been feeling a teeny bit discouraged and frustrated.

If the truth be told, I am a perfectionist at heart and i get annoyed when things don't turn out as I had hoped.  One of the blocks in my 'reject pile' is 'Whirlpool' which was already my second attempt at the block!  It isn't the most difficult of blocks but I cannot get the seam allowance or the points right!  In a fit of frustration I threw it in the bin and ended up joining the Farmer's Wife Quilt Yahoo group.  This is not something i would not ordinarily do as these sorts of things scare me a little.  However, it has proved to be a wealth of tips and encouragement and I have found the will to get back to it this week.  The two blocks took me absolutely ages but I decided they would NOT defeat me.

I am thus pleased to share:

Block number 100 - Weathervane:


I LOVE it and it was such hard work!

And here is block 25 - Cups and Saucers:



Bear in mind that this is the unfinished block so the step in the pink spotty fabric will be (hopefully) eliminated when I add the borders and sew it into the completed quilt.  I cannot begin to contemplate when in time this will be!

For now I have gained a second quilting wind :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment