Tuesday 30 April 2013

Inventory


I love lists so I thought it would be good to write a list of all the Farmer's Wife blocks I've made - a sort of inventory.  To date I have made 54 blocks!  By the end of today I may even have 56 ;-).  Writing the list made me realise two things - firstly, just how far I've come in the project, and secondly, all the blocks in the book are arranged alphabetically.  Goodness knows why I didn't notice the latter before!  It was also helpful to see exactly which blocks I had or hadn't made - some of them are so similar I had been getting confused as to which were actually completed.  I am well over half way in the project now which makes me very happy.

I arranged all the blocks in order in a nice little pile.  It it dawn on me that two or three blocks might need a re-do.  I know a couple of blocks are a bit off in their measurements while at least one has questionable fabric choices so I should probably work on re-doing these at some point soon.

Here are last week's blocks - they were made early in the week but only found time to photograph them today:

 (Homeward Bound)


(Windblown Square)

It is a very sunny day here so every single crease and stray thread has shown up in both photos, not to mention the fact that these blocks haven't exactly been ironed flat!  Never mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment