Friday 11 March 2011

Simple Pleasures


I am by nature a control freak, a very obsessive one at that, and at the moment my ordered, organized life has been turned upside down by the arrival of Baby Noah. The strange thing is I am loving the chaotic existence I currently lead! There is something strangely liberating about having to let somethings take a back seat while I tend to the needs of a very dependant tiny lovely little person. The most enjoyable thing for me is the enforced sitting down that comes with feeding time - I usually go whizzing from one thing to the next during the day, unable to sit still.

Afternoon feeding times over the course of this week has seen books opened, plentiful cups of tea, the (etarnal)'Giant Rainbow Granny Square' enter its final repeat and new issues of favourite magazines read - simple pleasures. The current issue of 'Country Homes & Interiors' has the most gorgeous and inspiring decorating Easter ideas aswell as divine springtime baking and recipes. Lots of thing to do for when I'm not sitting down!

1 comment:

  1. i too loved the enforced quietness of feeding in the early months in the dawn or in the evenings when f in bed.. not wake enough then to do much more than read though! am impressed w your energy! love the pic of n and s!

    ReplyDelete