Monday 28 March 2011

The Unveiling

Today I can share with you the completed 'Giant Rainbow Granny Square' and I LOVE it! It has been the most pleasurable project, which is praise indeed from someone who never really liked crochet - until now!! The giant square was made using 15 different colours of Rico Creative Cotton.which at £1.50 a ball, is truly bargainous. I absolutely love this aran weight yarn and their colour palatte is absolutely fabulous - the depth of colour is wonderful. The whole blanket only required one and a half balls of each colour so I have plenty left over to make a co-ordinating cushion. This project initially started as a small granny square that grew and grew, changing colour for each round. The edging is simply three rounds/rows (I'm still not up on the crochet jargon) of double crochet in three different colours. I'm now off to start a cushion cover - although I am quite taken with the idea of hexagon motif experimentation next...there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to - neither are there enough hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment