Monday 21 March 2011

So much to write about, so little time!

I am quite behind on the blogging front - I've lots of things to share but haven't had much time to sit down and blog. We've largely been busy with preparations for my father-in-law's 60th birthday which happened yesterday. It involved a two and a half hour drive with two small children but was rewarded by a lovely birthday lunch and family time. The two older cousins got to play together while the two youngest cousins were introduced to everyone.

I made some cupcakes for the occasion. For most of the week I was lacking somewhat in decorative inspiration. I had pretty much decided to go with a golf theme - my father-in-law being an avid golfer - but by friday evening it was apparent I haden't really thought through the timescale and what I needed to accomplish! Instead I settled for a simpler option and made some double vanilla cupcakes - vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream.


For a more 'manly' cupcake, if there is such a thing, I went for a coffee coloured scheme. the cupcake cases were brown with cream polka dots, while the buttercream was coloured a 'cafe au lait' type colour. Buttercream was swirled on the top with a large, fat piping nozzle and decorated with white chocolate stars and a dusting of cocoa. In honour of the birthday boy himself, my father-in-law had his own personal cupcake adorned with a large gold '60'!

No comments:

Post a Comment